International Sauvignon Blanc Day is fast approaching, taking place on 5 May 2017. New Zealand Winegrowers is driving a social media campaign to raise awareness of the day and encourage consumers to celebrate the country’s flagship wine.
New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is a $1.3 billion dollar export earner, massively contributing to the success of New Zealand wine overseas, said Chris Yorke, Global Marketing Director at New Zealand Winegrowers.
“If you’re a Sauvignon Blanc fanatic, then we encourage you to join the online conversation and post video clips, photographs and messages that salute New Zealand’s most well-known wine.”
“We think New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is a success story worth celebrating, so on May 5 raise a glass to the wine that put New Zealand on the map.”
Follow the activity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by using the hashtags #SauvBlanc and #nzwine.
MORE ACTIVITIES PLANNED IN MARLBOROUGH
SOME FACTS ABOUT SAUVIGNON BLANC
· Sauvignon Blanc accounts for around 85% of wine exported from New Zealand.
· New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc exports are worth over $1.3 billion annually.
· New Zealand wine exports have reached a record high and now stand at $1.61 billion up 3% for the year end February 2017.
· New Zealand wine is exported to more than 90 countries, and is New Zealand’s 5th largest export good.
· The industry is working towards a goal of $2 billion of exports in 2020.