Accolade Wines introduces new brands to New Zealand
The recent acquisition of award-winning New Zealand wine brands, Mud House and Waipara Hills, by Accolade Wines, the world’s leading producer and marketer of New World premium, commercial and value wines, will see more of the company’s premium portfolio into New Zealand.
Hancocks Wine, Spirit & Beer Merchants which has represented the Waipara Hills and Dusky Sounds wine brands for the past 12 years, has been appointed as distributor for a number of Accolade Wines’ premium international brands including, West Australian Houghton, one of Australia’s oldest and best known wineries, Bay of Fires, an award winning boutique winery specialising in pinot noir and the House of Arras, one of Australia’s top sparkling wine brands.
MJ Loza, Accolade Wines General Manager NZ, is pleased to continue the relationship with Hancocks. “This is a great opportunity to continue and build on our fantastic relationship with Hancocks and the brand managers who have contributed to the success of Waipara Hills in New Zealand. We believe the Accolade Wines’ brands will emulate their success in the New Zealand market,” Mr Loza said.
Joe Jakicevich, Hancocks Managing Director, reflected on the previous 12 years working with what is now Accolade Wines. “They are a very professional business, that hasn’t forgotten what it’s all about, wine. They produce a very high standard of product and continue to do so year after year. We look forward growing our relationship with the addition of these exciting new brands.”
The full suite of new (to New Zealand) brands are listed below:
· Bay of Fires
· House of Arras
· Leasingham – One of the oldest brands from the Clare Valley, known for outstanding Rieslings, Cabernet and cool climate Shiraz
· Reynella – premium Shiraz and Cabernet from selected McLaren Vale vineyards
· Kumala – mellow reds and crisp whites nurtured in the tranquil surroundings of Table Mountain.
· Flagstone – wine that reflects its unique provenance whether it’s the southern most wine growing area in South Africa, Elim, or one of the most easterly vineyard sites high in the Swartberg Mountains
· Geyser Peak – premium wines from California’s renowned Sonoma County
· Atlas Peak – bold complex wines from a high-elevation appellation that frames the Napa Valley
· XYZin – small lot Zinfandel with exceptional character from some of California’s best known vineyards
The Accolade Wine owned Mud House and Haymaker wine brands will be distributed by Vintners New Zealand Ltd, whilst Constellation New Zealand will continue as the distributor of Hardys and Banrock Station wines.
For further information or images contact:
Hannah Armstrong, PR and Communications Coordinator, Accolade Wines NZ Ltd.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (03) 520 6222 | 027 332 5050