Cellar doors of Hawke’s Bay’s finest wineries come to you
Hot Red Hawke’s Bay is the must-do event of the year for wine lovers, when the cellar doors of the region’s finest wineries come to you.
Immerse yourself in the exceptional 2013 and 2014 vintages that will be talked about for years to come, meet the passionate wine makers behind the region’s diverse wines and pre-order shipments of your favourite tipple.
There will be an impressive range of wines to savour – from elegant chardonnays through to rich, peppery syrah and exciting emerging varieties.
Tickets: $40 per person, including complimentary nibbles.
- Hot Red Hawke’s Bay in Auckland
Wednesday, 10 June, 2015
Time: 6pm – 9pm
Maritime Room, Maritime Museum, 175 Quay Street.
- Hot Red Hawke’s Bay in Wellington
Thursday, 11 June, 2015
Time: 6pm – 9pm
Mac’s Function Centre, Taranaki St Wharf.
For the first time in its 12-year history, Hot Red Hawke’s Bay will also have an exclusive Wine Master Class with a Hawke’s Bay wine expert. These 30-minute sessions are strictly limited and will sell out fast. Starting at 1pm for trade and 6pm for the public shows, tickets are an additional $10 per person.
To book tickets, go to Eventfinder.co.nz
About Hawke’s Bay Wine Region:
- Hawke’s Bay is New Zealand’s oldest wine region with beginnings in 1851. It is now, also, the second largest.
- One of the sunniest regions in New Zealand, the climate in Hawke’s Bay is similar to Bordeaux
- The majority of the Hawke’s Bay’s wineries are family-owned, providing a true artisan experience. The total Hawke’s Bay 2014 vintage was just over 44,500 tonnes – currently 64% is white wine and 36% is red wine. Chardonnay, Cabernet Merlot varieties and Syrah combined make up 49% of the vintage.
- Of the 266 vineyards within the region, 96.2% are Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand accredited.Prepared on behalf of Hawke’s Bay Wine Association by Goode PR. For further information please contact Hayley McLarin at Goode PR on (09) 480 9948, email@example.com