In every glass of Sauvignon Blanc discover a taste of New Zealand
The countdown is on until International Sauvignon Blanc Day taking place on Friday 1 May, and we’re calling all New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc fans around the world to join an online celebration from the comfort and safety of their own homes.
The current climate unfortunately means you can’t travel around New Zealand, but you can still experience the country through pure and vibrant flavours in our wines. The aim is to get everyone raising a glass to toast New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, no matter where they are in the world.
Sauvignon Blanc is the variety that woke the world up to New Zealand wine, and now over 5 million glasses of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc are enjoyed all over the world, every single day.
If you’re wondering what to pair your Sauvignon Blanc with at home, the ‘zing’ of Sauvignon Blanc will suit almost any meal you’ve whipped up or ordered in this week, but is a particularly wonderful complement to the fresh flavours of seafood or chicken, paired with a crisp salad.
There are plenty of New Zealand wineries that are safely delivering straight to your door, so you can keep your fridges stocked with your favourite New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
So whether it be a few glasses shared with your ‘bubble’, or a bottle paired with homemade fish and chips in your backyard, choose your favourite New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, then tag us on the day using #NZWine and #SauvBlancDay.
Make sure to follow @nzwinegrowers to keep up to date with all the at-home #SauvBlanc action, and we’ll see you at your place.
• Sauvignon Blanc was commercially produced on New Zealand shores for the first time in 1979, and is now New Zealand’s most widely planted variety.
• Sauvignon Blanc accounts for 73% of NZ wine production (300,000 tonnes produced).
• New Zealand wine is exported to more than 100 countries and is New Zealand’s sixth largest export good. Exports are currently at $1.9 billion by value.
• 98% of New Zealand’s vineyard producing area is Sustainable Winegrowing NZ certified.
• New Zealand wineries currently delivering Sauvignon Blanc to your door during Level 3 – https://delivereat.co.nz/