The 2021 Koparepare Marlborough Pinot Noir Rosé has won gold at this year’s Marlborough Wine Show. This marks the second year in a row that the wine has been awarded a Gold Medal at the Competition, with only three Rosé wines awarded a Gold Medal in both 2020 and 2021.
Produced by Whitehaven Wines, the Pinot Noir Rosé is part of the Koparepare wine range that supports the marine environment in New Zealand with every bottle sold. To date Whitehaven has donated over $62,000 to LegaSea, a non-profit organisation dedicated to restoring the abundance, biodiversity, and health of New Zealand’s marine environment.
Samantha White, ambassador for the Koparepare brand and daughter of Whitehaven co-founders Sue and the late Greg White is thrilled with recent Gold Medal win “Two golds in a row really showcases the high calibre of this wine. The Koparepare range not only supports our marine environment but is also a high-quality range of wines that are made to be enjoyed time and time again. Being able to donate over $62,000 to date is a brilliant joint effort from all our consumers enjoying these wines, while making a difference to our marine environment.”
– The Coromandel Scallop Restoration Programme to help restore the scallop life to abundance in the Coromandel
– The Kai Ika Project, promoting full utilisation of fish and repurposing fish waste for communities who value these parts of the fish
– The Fish Care Campaign, promoting best practice techniques to recreational fishers to care for their catch
– The Rescue Fish Campaign, a holistic solution to remedy depleted fish stocks and address environmental damage
– Advocacy work to restore declining fish stocks to abundance in NZ.
Whitehaven are committed to donating $1 from every bottle of Koparepare purchased to LegaSea, so these wines can be enjoyed while supporting the protection and restoration of our marine environment for future generations.
Please join the K?parepare community on Instagram and Facebook @kopareparewines and #kopareparewines to help us to spread the word about these delicious wines and their support for our marine environment.
Together, restoring our oceans. https://whitehaven.co.nz/collections/koparepare