RIPE RETURNS WITH A PERFECT BLEND OF WINE, FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT
Internationally renowned eight-piece band The Black Seeds will headline Ripe – The Wanaka Wine and Food festival which returns to Glendhu Bay on 23 March 2024.
In its third year, Ripe showcases Central Otago’s finest wine and food producers alongside world-class entertainment, in a spectacular location offering unrivalled views of Lake W?naka and the surrounding mountains.
Event Director Nathan White said the 2024 event would be bigger and better than ever.
“We’ll feature premium wineries such as Amisfield, Gibbston Valley and Cloudy Bay alongside a range of boutique wineries and food vendors from across Central Otago including Artisan Catering Arrowtown and The Stoaker Room Wanaka.”
“We’re also thrilled to have secured headline act The Black Seeds, one of New Zealand’s most-loved bands, we have a fantastic lineup and to see out the day and get the crowd singing along we’ve got local cover legends Mojo.”
Ben Taylor and Phil Burke of Forsyth Barr W?naka – the festival presenting partner – said Ripe had established itself as a major event attracting both a local and national audience.
“We are proud to be the presenting partner of this amazing event that showcases the premium wine and food of the Otago region in a setting of stunning natural beauty on Lake W?naka.
“Ripe continues to grow and has become a major annual event for both locals and visitors to the area. The 2024 festival is shaping up to be the best yet.”
In addition to 25 wine and 15 food vendors, highlights of RIPE 2024 will include:
- A jam-packed music line-up: including The Black Seeds as headliners.
- Maude Wine Lounge: VIP area offering a welcome drink and canapé with four walk-‘n-fork style
canapés and private wine bar.
- Wine and Dine with Akarua: VIP area with canapés on arrival followed by a three-course sit down
meal with matching Akarua wines.
- Quartz Reef Wines Showcase: featuring masterclasses with three of New Zealand’s leading
female sommeliers + more to be announced
- Glendhu Social Club by Scapegrace Distilling CO: Cocktail Bar serving cocktails made with
Scapegrace’s handcrafted artisan products.
- Brews x Views by Rhyme x Reason serving RxR’s popular range of locally brewed craft beer.
A major drawcard for visitors and locals is the opportunity to stay across the road from the festival at the
iconic Glendhu Bay lakefront holiday park. Reserve your accommodation early as sites book up quickly.
Festival tickets go on sale from 1 November.
To sign up to the Ripe newsletter and gain access to pre-release specials and deals visit –